Secretary, Grama Panchayath
Previous year Question Paper 2008
1. The European country which first started trade with India was?
2. The Science of improving crop varieties is called ?
3. Green Revolution refers to
Ans: Development of new crop varieties which helped to overcome hunger
4. Inland Fisheries is referred to:
Ans: Culturing fish in fresh water
5. High milk yielding varieties of cows are obtained by:
Ans: Artificial insemination
6. A crocodile had just eaten a lamb when a hawk saw the crocodile, attacked it and consumed it. The hawk is in ecological terms:
Ans: a tertiary consumer
7. Which of the following is a non-renewable resource?
(a) Water (b) Coal (c) Fisheries (d) Wild Life
8. Pollution is an undesirable change in physical, chemical and biological properties of:
(a)Air (b) Water (c) Soil (d) All of the above
Ans: All of the above
9. In free market economy, prices are determined by the?
Ans: Market forces
10. India’s National Newspaper” The Hindu” started since:
11. Which country has the longest school year in the world?
12. Puducherry is a former-----------colony?
13.“The True Democracy is what promotes the welfare of the society.” who said it?
Ans: Mahatma Gandhi
14.The Consumer Rights were first enumerated in the year 1962 in?
Ans: Inter-Tropical Convergence
Download Full Question Paper of Secretary, Grama Panchayath