- The first country issued new year greeting cards through Postal service?
- When was the first Postal Stamp issued ?
Ans. 1840 May 6th
- Who is the minister for Forest, Sports and Cinema of Kerala?
Ans. Shri K. B. Ganesh Kumar
- The first Indian Personality who was depicted in foreign stamps?
Ans. Mahatma Gandhi
- Which picture was depicted in First world stamp?
Ans. Queen Victoria’s Head
- The busiest Post office in India?
Ans. Mumbai GPO
- First Indian Postage stamp?
Ans. Scinde Dawk
- Which state Police in India utilised the ‘Pigeon Post Service’?
Ans. Orissa State Police
- When was the first commemorative stamp issued in India ?
Ans. In 1931 (to mark the inauguration of New Delhi)
- The Cricketer from Australian Test Cricket team belongs to Australian Postal Service ?
Ans. Brad Hogg
- Who is the minister for Fisheries, Ports and Excise of Kerala?
Ans. Shri K. Babu
- The first Non Royal to appear on U.K. postage stamp?
Ans. William Shakespeare (1964)
- In which language the first Megdoot Post card issued?
- No. of post offices having ‘Pictorial Cancellation facility’ in Kerala?
- India’s third scented postal stamp?
Ans. Jasmine (Rs. 15)
- What is water mark ?
Ans. A design / mark on paper given at the time of production.
- The first post card issued in Cochin state?
Ans. 1898 at the time of Raja Rama Varma I
- Which country issued the first commemorative stamp in the world?
- First Postal stamp in the World?
Ans. Penny Black
- When, the Indian Postal Stamp was cancelled at Mount Everest?
Ans. 1996 May 10 (by ITBP. Indo-Tibet Border Police)
- Which is India’s first General Post Office?
Ans. Calcutta GPO (in 1774)
- Which country issued the first self adhesive Postage stamp?
Ans. Sierra Leone (1964)
- Who is the minister for Welfare of Scheduled Castes & Backward Classes and Tourism of Kerala?
Ans. Shri A.P. Anil Kumar